Squirrel Proof Ground Feeding Dome
This squirrel proof ground-feeding dome is designed to prevent squirrels and larger birds from being able to gain access to feed. The protective ground-feeding dome is ideal for smaller garden birds that struggle to get food due to larger birds and squirrels.
Directions for use:
- Place the ground feeding dome over the feed or feeder.
- Secure the dome to the ground using the pegs provided.
- Clean regularly with a mild disinfectant.
- Remove all uneaten food and wet food to prevent bacterial build up.
- After cleaning, thoroughly rinse with clean water.
- Move feeders around regularly to different areas of your garden to prevent unhygienic deposits from building up.
Diameter at bottom - 50cm (tapers up to 20cm)
Height - 24cm
Mesh at widest point - 5cm square
Living in Cornwall, we have a couple of toadstalls once used to raise a grain store to keep the critters out. The problem is the little birds feed off it but so do the larger birds including gulls. So we needed something to cover it. The problem was it was larger than the top of the toadstall. The problem was reasolved by passing two steel rods through the cage lifting it to fit perfectly with just one circle of openings encasing the stone circle stopping any from entering other than those for which it was intended.
Very inventive, Joan and Mike - we'd love to see a photo if you have one. Thank you.